Interview about board game artists
I was recently interviewed in Streamlined Gaming about board game art. Calvin (owner of Streamlined Gaming) mentioned his series of interviews and asked if I would be interested.
Essentially he wanted to create resources for board game designers, and hoped I’d be able to shed some light on the art side of things.
So he asked me:
- How long have you been creating digital art?
- What are some of the games you have worked on?
- Which piece of your artwork are you most proud of?
- How long does it take you to create your images?
- Can you name some popular places for board game designers to find artists online?
- What makes it easier for you to better understand the world that a game designer is trying to create?
- What is a common question that you get from board game designers wanting art for their self-published games?
- How can game designers make your life easier?
- What are several of your favorite things about creating artwork for board games?
- What are several things you don’t like about being a board game artist?
Overall, I think my answers helped to give board game designers some tips on where to find, how to liaise and how to get the best out of their board game artists.